I don't understand. What is kiasu? *with an innocent look*
Observe these few situations :
Situation 1:
Jason was doing some last-minute homework in school. Friend A approach him.
Friend A : Why you so kiasu?
Jason : ...(paused for a while)(wanted to scold back but whatever...homework done
comes first)
Situation 2:
It was exam week. Jason received an sms from Friend B.
Friend B : Have you done studing?
Jason : No.
Another reply.
Friend B : Don't cheat me. You so kiasu one.
Jason wanted to beat Friend B up. Well , just in his heart. =)
Situation 3:
Jason arrived school. Friend C is approaching him.
Friend C : What did you do yesterday ?
Jason : ...(thinking back to yesterday)
Friend : Must be study. Kiasu!
I begin thinking. What did I done wrong to deserve this? My face isn't sticked with the word 'kiasu' after all. Maybe I'm too fun to make fun of? Somebody call me kiasu again and that person's gonna feel very sorry.
K - Knowledgeable-ly
I - Initiative
A - Attitude
S - Studious
U - Unsocial
Nerd - refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests that are age inappropriate rather than engaging in more social or popular activities. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers.
Kiasu - a person who is always doing the same thing intellectually and passionately. =)
Therefore , kiasu is not = to nerd.
Oh yes i forgotten something.
I'm not kiasu!
1 comment:
Post a Comment