Saturday, May 3, 2008

Praising Is Raising

You can't hide it. You can't deny it. It's a natural tendency. (Or maybe not?)

Everyone loves being complimented for what they did great right? I mean , it is like a prize for working hard , a feeling of satisfaction , or a statement to prove that what we did is not useless rubbish.

And that's not all , it gives a better motivation to bring you another level of determination , another level of getting hold of it , another level of pursuing on that direction of yours.

You see , it takes 10 compliments to actually bring back your confidence that was ceased by a scolding whereas it only takes one , simple , powerful compliment to bring a person from the lowest ground to the top of the world.

An recent actual example:

I've been playing guitar in Iscf for a few times. Maybe this is quite easy , compared to the awesome praise and worship in the church. I'm only playing simple songs with another friend but this seemed to be one nice burden to do. First , we need to choose songs , then call on the singers , then making sure the on-duty members do able and come on Friday.

I'd to say , it's important to be prepared not just listening to the mp3s and play the beat and chords but also prayer. It will be just singing songs without them.

And it did turned well , when I see people enjoy the session,
that's enough for satisfaction.
And later on , John compliments that my beat is better this time.
(John is the leading guitarist)
And guess what ?I'm happy the whole day.

Imagine. You've been working hard to be a good child , a good student , a good friend , a good sibling and etc. yet you'd never been complimented or appreciated in your entire life by anyone . anywhere , anytime. It's a quite terrible , hard-to-describe , horrible and hurting life. On a worse situation , it makes someone feel hopeless and living without a single purpose. And the ending.. it's hard to imagine.

So , remember , if people around you did do well in something , just compliment them. Ignore any interior war inside of you , any pride of yours , any bad conscience that stops you.

Let me compliment you now. You're LAME!! Oh , I was just joking , you're so kind and forgiving , you will forgive me , i think. =)


This is so going to be my last post before the exam. The set date exam on May 10 had been brought 2 days earlier ----May 8!! I need to start touching books..

No comments: