April 13
Morning
Roy woke me up at 6am. Then I got myself prepared for the interviews and exams coming right on.
Want to know what's for breakfast? Spicy-styled fried rice with heavy chili taste again.
We were arranged according to sessions, groups and sequence. Some will do the test first while some the interview first. Mine's A-2-3. This meant that I'm the first batch for interview. Just like what I wanted. Yeah.
At 8am, me and my batch we ushered to the preparation room where we were given our case study. Given only roughly 30 minutes, all of us scribbled all the points out of our heads. While jotting down points, I saw people who can write points as much like an essay. Freaked out by that.
Then, we were ushered to wait and sit at the arranged chairs outside the interview room. It was the individual interview first so one by one had to go in. We were divided into groups of four. For this interview, each of us had to introduce ourselves, answer some questions and speak out our individuals points to the interviewer. Each of us had around 11 minutes for the individual interview.
Then came the group interview. All four of us went in and sat almost like a circle and just discuss our points while the interviewers assess and analyze our skills. Our topic was the increasing number of refugees and we had to discuss about the problems, solutions and conclusion. It was kind of fun actually. Everyone sort of arguing that their points were the best. Well, I wasn't the one who conclude all the points into one, big conclusion. Before I realize, the 30-minutes group interview ended already. Nice. It was roughly 10.30 am.
Then I went to rest in my room until lunchtime. The lunch was rice with curry again.
Afternoon
Then the test began at 1.30 pm. Once again being ushered to the test room.
It was like SPM exam. Sort of, just not that tense for the atmosphere. But people here were really smart people also.
First test was English Placement Test. It's a 1-hour test with 50 multiple-choice questions. It was slightly harder than the SPM English. More on grammar and verbal.
Second test was Verbal Test. It's a 30-minutes test with 60 multiple choice questions. It was quite like SPM EST questions, but harder. With given short articles, you have to determine whether the statements given were true, false or you can tell without more information. Quite tricky so I only finished it just on time. No time for checking at all.
Third and the last test was Diagrammatic IQ Test. It's a 20-minutes test with 40 multiple-choice questions. The IQ tests were those types where you are given four pictures and you had to guess the fifth picture. The first 20 questions were quite easy especially after you know the trick after observing real close for the pictures. I can't finished the last few questions so I had to tembak again.
Then left the place after filling a survey on how did you felt about the educamp. The food, the toilet and the test rooms were poor. The food were almost all chili or curry, the toilet had lousy flushing system and the test rooms had air-cons which were not cool at all.
At 4.30pm, I checked out of the educamp and went back home. Home is like a 5-star hotel.
Feelings for Educamp:
People last year can stay in Rajah Court Hotel with air-cons and astro.
We only stayed at small, non-air-cons rooms with damaged cupboards.
The toilets were limited for many rooms had to share them. Of course, no heater la. Flushing system also sucks. But well, I can understand it was due to the economic recession.
We also had an extra math or math and science test compared to last year.
So, study a bit on your add maths before coming if you're selected next year.
Thankfully I'm from Kuching, those from Sabah, Miri, Bintulu, Sarikei and etc had to came over here.
It was fun to join this educamp even if I didn't get this scholarship.
No comments:
Post a Comment