Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scholarship Season

I just read that there is a serious problem in Mexico. (what to do, I don't read news usually)There is this swine flu in Mexico and the condition is getting worse. That's bad.

***

Like what Yew King said, this is the Scholarship Season for us, spm and stpm leavers. Why? As the world develops and due to economy recession, the funds needed to pursue tertiary education has become very costly. Too costly to be affordable for common families.

After the results have been out last month, I've been applying, applying as many scholarships as I can for the theory says, "Applying more means more chances to get it.". Well, as you can see, scholarships are hard to get, whether it's 5 years back or maybe even 5 years from now in the future. The number of applicants for a scholarship is already very shocking.

Of course, I didn't apply for s'pore scholarships because the standard is quite high and maintaining the scholarship is very tough(provided I get it and as compared to other scholarships). The process of applying scholarships is rather hectic. I mean, although we are now very lucky as most scholarships can be applied on-line unlike people from previous years, it's still hectic.

Then the month of April sets in. I went for jpa's and petronas' interview. I must say, I learnt a lot from the interviews, starting from preparing for the interviews, gathering information to boosting confidence while speaking with eyes on me. I don't fear interviews as much as before I had my interviews. Cool, right? God will always be on our side, helping us to go through our problems. You see, looking at the cross and know what Jesus had done for us, our problems, our critical situations are like tiny little ants.

And next month, the results of my interviews will be out. I'm quite mentally prepared for all possible and impossible outcomes because God knows what is best for us, He sees the future and plan the best for us. What I get is the best for me.

I might get Jpa and study kl for 1 year and US for the next 3 years, or petronas and study at utp, perak. I'll study form 6 or opt for a loan and study at Swinburne if I don't get it. I mean, anything can just happen other than these plans I have. Remember what I said last time, "you can plan all you want , but you just can't fulfill all of them."

God's plan is above ours. But the trend today as I see it, some students are trying to get scholarships not because their parents can't afford to support them, but to try to show that they are worthy, clever enough to get a scholarship. And if they failed to, they think it's the end of the world. That's a very wrong way of seeing and thinking.

I'll be waiting for now. Only less than 2 weeks for me to know where I'll be heading to.

No comments: