At this week, I wasn't expecting to have anymore interviews because it was already the end of April. Looking at the posts in Recom I thought all selection for interviews were conducted, even Bank Negara and Sin Chew.
During about 4pm yesterday, I was in my room. I got this unknown number calling me which starts with a +03.. As I answered the call, I got to know it's from Sin Chew!
Caller: Hello is this Jason Lau?
Me : Yes.
Caller: This is Sin Chew Scholarships Department and I see that you are applying for LimKokWing University for Kuching Campus.
Me : Yes.
Caller: Unfortunately we are from Cyberjaya and we can't come to Kuching to conduct the interview. It will also be inconvenient for you to come over here. So if you don't mind I'll have a short phone interview.
Me : Sure. (that's very nice of them)
Caller: Can I conduct it now?
Me : Yes.
THE PHONE INTERVIEW
Caller: May I know about your family background?
Me : ~Repeating what I said in JPA and Petronas.~ About my father, mother and sisters.
Caller: I see that you have good academic results. Do you know about what is really the course you are applying? (Business Information Systems)
Me : Yes. ~Repeating what I said again in Petronas~
Caller: Good. Do you know what you'll be working about after you graduate from this?
Me : (Ok. This time it's a little hard.)I'll be managing the company's security system for the datas, creating systems for datas to be processed efficiently. I don't get chased by datelines too as programmers will work under me.
Caller: Ok. Now I would like to ask about some opnion of yours about Barack Obama. Do you know who he is?
Me : Yes, he's currently the president of USA.
Caller: How do you think he is doing as a President? Is he good?
Me : For now, I think he's doing ok. The economic situation is quite tough. We'll have to wait to really see what he's capable of.
Caller: Do you think he will retain as the president 4 years later?
Me : If there's a better candidate for that time, of course not. But for now, he's the best president I think.
Caller: Ok thank you that's the end for the phone interview.
Me : Thank you very much.
Seriously, I didn't really read news about Obama so I'm not sure how well are my opinions. Well, I'm just 18 this year and you can't expect me to be like economists to know how well is Obama doing. In fact, economists can't even predict the economic situation in the future. Thankfully my dad told me a little about Obama these few months.
I prepared for JPA's and Petronas', but the preparations are useless, nothing about recent news, jpa's or petronas' policies came out. I didn't prepare for SinChew's, but I manage to answer the questions.(quite la)Why like this?
Thank God I do not need to fly to KL for the interview. Money saved. Time saved.
P/s: If I get this, I won't be reading the newspapers from them either. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment